Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summertime

It has been a fun, and somewhat busy summer for us. We have had lots of visitor's and they just keep coming! In June Evan's two sister's came and stayed with us for a week. It was so nice having them here. We never did anything really stupendous, just lounged about the house most of the time. We had our occasional outings to the park, and drives around town. We did make a couple of longer drives out to Fairview, and Herriman to see family. I think the funnest oart about the whole trip was the car ride itself. We had a great time making each other laugh until we cried, and just getting to be silly! I just love my sister-in-law's they are great!!


Katy and her Aunt Brittany riding her horsey.




Katy and Aunt Nikki acting silly!


Aunt Brittany trying to splash Katy.


Here is Katy playing in the water at the park.




After our visit with Evan's sister, one week later, my sister and my brother-in-law came and stayed with us for a few days. This too was a great visit. We went to the aquarium, and did lots and LOTS of shopping!!! I love getting to shop with my sister. We got a ton of great stuff for their little baby boy, who is due in November. It will be my first time as Auntie! I'm so excited for them. We had fun staying up late playing card games and playing the Wii. My sister brought a couple of games from their house that they like, one of which was a dance game. I was TERRIBLE!!! I felt like I was watching one of my parents try and play, because they are always bad at the video games. Oh well, just means I'll have to practice a little more.


Next up on the visitor's list is Evan's cousin, Alan and his wife Jen. They are recently married, and we have not been able to meet his new wife. They will only be here for a day or two, but it will be nice to catch up on things. Alan is a very quirky person, so it should be an interesting visit. Also while Alan is here, one of my great friends from Roswell, that I grew up with will be here with her husband and 3 boys. It is so fun to get to have these little mini reunion's with friends.

So, like I said it's been the summer of visitor's. That's not even the end of it, but the rest of our visitor's will be here later this month, so I will have to make a part 2 to this summer madness. I'm just grateful to have so many friends, and wonderful family that like to come and see us.





1 comment: