Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting Started



I decided to give this whole blogging thing a try. It seems like a great way for friends and family to keep up to date with the happenings of our life. We will see if I can keep things up to date! Truth be told, there really is not much "happening" with our life.

It is now April and the weather has been a little crazy so far. I myself am hoping that the beautiful colors and warmth of spring will unfold soon. My husband, on the other hand, really wouldn't mind if the snow wanted to linger for a few more weeks. He's a little goofy.
We just enjoyed a great conference, and Easter weekend
with my parents and brother Nicholas. It is not fun being so far away from family. I miss them all the time. It was so nice to be able to have them near. My favorite part was getting to cook in the kitchen with my mother. She is so creative and wonderful at cooking. I try to take every opportunity I get cooking with her to learn new things. It is fun to see what she comes up with. I feel like the majority of our time was spent cooking and eating great food. We were able to spend time with my mother's sister who lives here also, as well as her kids. We dyed Easter eggs, and then I was put in charge of hiding all the eggs for my adorable little cousins to go find. It was a great time. Monday came and it was time for my family to head back to the hot desert of Arizona. Hopefully I can see them again soon!Evan is currently going to school to be a graphic designer. He absolutely loves school. He is so talented and so creative. It is a perfect field for him. He will get his Associates degree around this time next year. He is also working full time, and about to start a new job with Convergys. I think he is looking forward to the change, and hoping this job will be a little more challenging.

Katy is currently 2 years, old, and will be turning 3 in July. I can't believe how much she has grown. She learns so many new words all the time, and continues to amaze me with all the things that she knows. She loves animals of all kinds, but her favorite is the horse. She loves to watch movies that have horses in them and ride her rocking horse right along with them. She loves to sing and dance also. She reminds me of my brother Nicholas. She will watch a movie just a couple of times and will be able to start repeating line
s to you and singing all of the songs. She is so much fun. She has a great personality, is very friendly, and so full of love. I am so grateful to be her mother!

I am just enjoying being a mom. I babysit 2 little boys part time, who are both 15 months old. So we always have little kids running around the house. I love being a stay at home mom. I am also enjoying my church calling in the Primary, and being able to get to know the children in the ward better.

Well that is our life as of now. I look forward to life's coming adventures and surprises.




No comments:

Post a Comment